|HOME >> DEPARTMENTS >> BIO TECHNOLOGY & MICRO BIOLOGY >> THE DEPARTMENT|
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
· To enrich, inculcate and imbibe the students with the near and far basic research and scientific applications
The field in the biological sciences, is an extremely diverse and complex field. Our primary objectives are:
1) The major endeavour of the Department is to provide the students with a broad based knowledge of modern theoretical and practical Microbiology.
2) To conduct basic science projects including molecular, biochemical, and susceptibility studies on different microorganisms.
3) To develop and maintain a strong and supportive research program to complement our teaching, and
4) In the instructional area, the Department offers programs which meet with the standards approved by the Bharathiar University.
It is our aim to enable students to succeed in their chosen career path by supporting them in the following ways:
• Providing information and guidance regarding career opportunities in microbiology
and related professions.
• Providing broad coverage of the discipline.
• Providing experiences that enable students to reach the competencies.
On Completion, Students will have,
• An understanding of the major concepts, theories, and language of microbiology.
• The ability to apply, carry out and interpret basic research techniques.
• The ability to perform basic laboratory skills and to work safely in the laboratory.
About the Department
Our department of Biotechnology and Microbiology was fervently started in 2003 and 2004 offering undergraduate, post graduate programmes and research programmes. It is run by eminent lecturers actively engaged in bringing up tomorrows dazzling personalities by wrapping them with today’s and tomorrow’s science. Science and technology do not exist in Agar social vacuum. They exert a powerful influence on society in turn, alters how science is conducted and how technologies are developed. Scientific breakthroughs of the last 30 years have furnished biologists with agar bagful of new research tools. Molecular techniques that provide answer to old questions and create a whole set of new questions, special lectures and paper presentations will enlighten the developing areas of molecular biology, medical biotechnology, bioinformatics and plant and animal biotechnology.
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
· Mphil & Ph.D- Microbiology- in various fields like Molecular Genteics, Medical Microbiology, Immunology, nanotechnology, Environmental Microbiology.
· Mphil & Ph.D- Biotechnology- in various fields like Molecular Genteics, , Immunology, Environmental Biotechnology, Plant and Animal Tissue culture.