The year 1992, should be written in golden letters because, for generating revolution in the field of education "Hindusthan Educational and Charitable Trust" was founded by an eminent industrialist & philanthropist Thiru T.S.R. Khannaiyann, Chairman, Hindusthan Group of Companies. The trust has been carrying out various philanthropic activities like extending financial support to rural poor students , providing welfare measures and providing quality education.
The trust has promoted a self financing co-educational institution, named Hindusthan College of Arts and Science (HICAS) in the year 1998. The trust runs the following Institutions :
- Hindusthan College of Arts and Science
- Hindusthan College of Engineering & Technology
- Hindusthan Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Hindusthan College of Education
- Hindusthan Institute of Technology
- Hindusthan Teacher Training Institute
The Hindusthan Group of Companies is a multi-million group, the brand name very familiar in power sector. With the presence of more than two decades in the domestic market, the group has now ventured globally with the 'Hindusthan. brand Transformers. A few of the well known Hindusthan group companies are:
- Hindusthan Heavy Electricals
- Standard Power Distributors
- Hindusthan Transformer Oil Products
- VIVIN CONTROLS (P) LIMITED
- Vivin Industries
- Priya Metallurgical Works
The latest is the software industry named "Sankee Info Systems Kovai Pvt Ltd" being blossomed.