Department of Mathematics
The department of Mathematics was started in the year 2005. The department has a well equipped class room with good ventilation and seating arrangement which can accommodate nearly 35 students of this option. The class room has a provision for an ICT enabled teaching learning process. Apart from ICT related equipments, the Mathematics classroom is also used as a Mathematics Laboratory for the students to perform their task related to Mathematics. There is also a provision for department library in the classroom for reference work. The students are also made to participate in co-curricular activities like Essay writing, poem writing, Elocution competition, oratorical contest, debate, quiz, sports, games etc.
Mathematics as an expression of the human mind reflects the active will, the contemplative reason and the desire for aesthetic perfection. Its basic elements are logic and intuition, analysis and construction, generality and individuality which is very much essential for a Mathematics teacher as a whole.
Thus Mathematics is responsible for giving us a system, organization and essential abilities for leading a successful life. Each one will remain too much handicapped in our life in case we remain ignorant of Mathematics.
There is a well equipped Mathematics Laboratory in the Department. In order to cater to the needs of the individual differences among students, hands on training and practical exposure/experiences is given to the students to understand the Mathematical concept. Gone are the days when mathematics was treated a purely theoretical subject to be discussed only on the black board or slates. It has now been realized that its nature is as practical as other sciences or technical subjects.
Mathematics knowledge which cannot be translated into practice is a useless burden and therefore students of mathematics should be given proper opportunities for the integration of theory with practice. Mathematics laboratory may play a significant role in this direction and therefore it should not sound unusual to set up a mathematics laboratory in the school or B. Ed colleges.
Our Mathematical laboratory is well equipped with the following materials
- Different types of pictures and charts.
- Weighing and measuring instruments.
- Drawing instruments.
- Portrays of Mathematicians.
- Cutouts of Mathematicians.
- Puzzles and riddles.
- To develop the power of logical thinking and reasoning.
- To develop the positive attitude among the students towards the subject.
- To create the interest of the students in mathematical equipments.
- To develop Mathematics attitude among students.
- The pupil Teacher acquires skill in computation, drawing geometrical figures and graphs.
- Reading tables, Charts, Graphs etc... .innovative techniques of teaching and evaluation are tried by teacher during their interaction with students.
- Hindusthan College of Arts & Science
- Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology
- Hindusthan Institute of Technology
- Hindusthan College of Education
- Hindusthan School of Architecture
- Hindusthan Polytechnic College
- Hindusthan Matriculation and Higher Secondary School
- Hindusthan Kangaroo Kids Preschool
- Hindusthan IAS Academy
- Hindusthan Youth Empowerment Series