The college library is fully automated with wide collection of the latest books, periodicals, and CD/DVD which is expanded and updated every year. The library functions in a networked environment with pc have to support its various operations and services. Electronic resources are available to all members via the internet. The books in the library are bar-coded for automated circulation. A Separate section is allotted for candidates who are appearing for civil services examination.
The college reading room remains open on class days from 9.00 am – 6.00 p.m. The library remains closed on Sundays and holidays.
The membership of the Library is open to Faculties Research scholars, Students and support staff of the College. The research scholars and students from outside and eminent persons of the society may also be considered for membership subject to approval of the college authority.
- No of Books : 33,736
- No of Journals / Magazines : 106
- Classification scheme : DDC
- Software used : Lips i Net
- Student strength : 6800
- Staff strength : 345
- Library hours : 9.00 a.m – 6.00 p.m.
- Carpet area : 110X90
- AUDIO VISUAL FACILITY
- OPEN ACCESS SYSTEM
- AIRCONDITIONED CONFERENCE HALL
- DIGITAL LIBRARY
- GATE ENTRY MONITORING SYSTEM.
Guidelines for library usage
Before entering the Library, register your visit, by scanning your Identity Card, in the scanner which is placed near the entrance. Please wear your Identity Card till you leave the Library.
Career Guidance Books:
Books and journals relating to different competitive examinations like IAS career / service oriented programmes and other documents in this context are available for consultation in the Reading Room.
General Reference Section:
The Ready-Reference Tools relating to general reference consultation are available in this section in the Reading Room. The following categories of Ready Reference Tools are generally available:
- Year book
Library Rules & Regulations
- Library is ‘The Temple of Learning’; hence absolute silence must be maintained in and around the library. Loud consultation, animated conversation etc., are strictly prohibited.
- The Library will remain open between 9.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and 9.00 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Students / Staff should sign in the gate register. Students / Staff are advised not to keep their valuable things like Cell Phone, Calculator, Wallet etc., in the property counter. Library Authorities are not responsible for any loss of such items.
- The students are advised to keep their bar-coded identity cards safely and not to lend their I.D. to any other student and do not make Xerox of the original ID. After borrowing a book, the student is advised to check the book before leaving the counter.
- Books will be issued to the students only on production of the valid ID Card.
- Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Reference books, Journals and Back volumes shall not be lent out.
- The books should be returned within 10 days from the date of issue.
A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty will be collected as overdue charge.
- Before borrowing the book, Students / Staff must ensure that the book lent is in good condition and the page numbers are intact.
- Students / Staff are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book.
- Renewal is also allowed if the concerned book is not reserved by.
- Defects must be brought to the notice of the Librarian. Otherwise, the borrower is liable to be held responsible. The borrower will have to replace the book or pay the value of the book fixed by the Librarian.
- This Library follows the open access system. Hence books taken out of the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left on the reading table.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining or scribbling notes in the margins etc. Library books are the Nation’s assets and belong to all. All users are required to protect library books against wanton and willful damage, mutilation, theft and other malpractices.
- Loss of ID Card & books issued, if any should be reported to the Librarian immediately in the prescribed form.
- Personal books and files should be left on the rack at the entrance of the Library. Plain sheets may be taken instead.
- Use of Mobile phones inside the Library is strictly prohibited.
- All the students and staff of the College are members of the College Library.
- On all working days the library will be kept open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Strict silence shall be maintained inside the Library.
- Before entering the Library, students shall deposit their personal belongings at the personal property desk.
- Students should produce their identity cards along with their library cards while getting books issued from the Library.
- The borrower will be held responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books or other properties belonging to the Library.
- Reference books must be referred in the library and no reference book can be taken out of the library.
- Folding and tearing of the pages, underlining, clipping and annotating of books are absolutely forbidden.
- The books should be returned on or before the due date failing which, a fine of Five Rupees per day of delay per book will be levied.
- Transfer Certificate or Conduct Certificate will not be issued to student unless he has returned the books and the tickets issued to him and the dues, if any remitted.
- Students are responsible for the loss or damage of the library cards. If the card is lost or damaged the student concerned shall pay a fine of Rs.20/-. The cards are not interchangeable.
- Students are expected to use the books with care. If a book is lost / damaged, borrowers should replace the book or pay penalty FIVE to TEN times the cost of the book.